Monday, June 19, 2017

Beautiful lights of the sunshine; some paragraphs on daily human dignity

Interesting to see someone who used to contradict me by saying 'ethics' is an ideology, now tries to tell me what is good, still haven't figured out what is right and wrong.
Is it solely our benefits that define friendship, affinity, kindness, good and bad or right and wrong?
Is that a rich definition of 'friend' to 'ask' in hard times and to ignore indifferently in good times? I think it is the definition of misusing one's trust.
Is that a right act to use someone, by any means? Whether or not these actions come out of our survival instincts or the sexual ones, to me, these are neither civilized nor right for the well-being of the individual, let alone the social.
Fortunately or not, I know the relations of power. I know how to manipulate and I can do so. Still, I have chosen not to, for it is not right. I know what triggers what. And why people do specific actions in specific times. And why I am so? Because I have chosen to be a more civilized grown-up individual, someone who tries and loves to make himself and his society, even a bit, better. I have paid some price and I will pay more. Not easy, but beautiful. Because I am not a leech, and I haven't acted like one. Same goes with a friend: he/she ACTs like one.

#human #individual #power #friend #dignity

No comments:

Post a Comment